February and National Pet Dental Health Month is almost at an end. But that doesn’t mean your pets’ oral care is!
Feeding a fresh or raw diet is the best for providing the foundation of a good mouth. However, that is not the only thing that will do. If we ate only fresh vegetables and fruit and didn’t brush our teeth, we would still develop plaque. Same with your pet – they still need help with cleaning their teeth. I have compiled some great products to help Fido and Fifi’s teef-ies in top shape!
- Raw marrow bones – these are inexpensive, found at your local butcher or grocery store or pet natural pet store. When your dog chews these and removes the marrow and cartilage off the bone, they are also removing the plaque off their teeth. They are also a fabulous source of minerals and vitamins.
- OlviPet Dentabars – these edible chews contain cold pressed olive oil, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds offer optimal omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Great for cleaning teeth and freshening breath!
- Teef! – Instead of brushing the teeth, you can add a scoop of this product to their drinking water. Made with 100% plant-derived ingredients.
- Collagen chews – all natural chew and great for mobility as they contain natural source glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Merrick Fresh Kisses – made with coconut oil, mint and other botanical oils. Their toothbrush shape also makes them great for removing plaque and tartar.
- WorksSoWell – blend of fatty acid oils that support joints, oral health, skin and coat as well as recovery.
- Feeding a fresh or raw diet!
- Silvervine sticks – exfoliate plaque off cat teeth and improves digestion. These sticks contain two attractants that make them irresistible to cats!
- Raw or freeze dried chicken wings – great for experienced cats who know how to chew on a chicken wing. Freeze dried options are also wonderful for them to exercise their jaws and teeth.